**In my best Timbaland rapper voice** : It’s been a long time, I shouldn’t have left you without some dope words to read…to.
Hm, maybe I should give up on the rapping but you know what I mean. I haven’t been around for a while. Oops, sorry. I’ve had to take a bit of a writing hiatus but I’m back now. Technically, I’ve been back for a week now. If you didn’t have a chance to read my latest Cubicle Chronicles post, please do so here.
What’s In the Works?
- I completed the NaNoWriMo challenge reaching my own goal of 30,000 words. I’m still working towards the goal of having a first draft completed by Autumn this year.
- I’ve decided to re-vamp the first novel that I wrote and submit it to an independent publisher. As above, this is set to be completed by Autumn this year.
- I have started writing poems to self-publish a book which will journal living with Rheumatoid Arthritis and other autoimmune illness (I’m really excited about this one even though it will take probably a year or more to complete). I will be posting some of these poems on the website as I go along so your comments will be appreciated.
- I’m contemplating doing a book of short stories. However, these stories were written in my earlier writing days and I look at it now and it kind of looks … juvenile. I’ll probably incorporate my Flash Fiction stories to this if I go ahead — tell me what you think in the comments.
- The next thing I’m contemplating is writing helpful articles for anyone who’s thinking of embarking on the lonely (or seemingly so) road of being a writer. Let me know if this is something you’d be interested in.
I’ve never been one for creating New Year’s resolutions; those oddly tend to peter out by around mid-February or so. However, I firmly believe in goal-setting and that’s what I’ve outlined above: my goals for 2017. Please join me on my 2017 writing journey which will be about growth and stepping out of my comfort zone. As I’ve said before, your input is always welcomed!